There are many ways that WoolSafe can help promote your business, enhance your professional development and increase your sales and revenue. A few of the benefits of membership are outlined below.
- Access to help and advice from WoolSafe Staff with a wide range of expertise and skills including Rug Care Specialists, Chemists, Textile Scientists, Leading Cleaning Industry Trainers in almost every speciality.
- Advice Helplines - Regional and multi-language including USA, Australia, Greece, China, South East Asia, UK and worldwide through HQ
- Invitation into the exclusive WoolSafe Approved Service Provider Facebook closed group where hundreds of members share their knowledge to help each other.
- Discounted carpet testing services
- Discounted Training through WoolSafe Academy WoolSafeAcademy.org
- Access to exclusive member-only workshops and conferences.
Recommendation and endorsements
- Endorsements from leading carpet manufacturers and suppliers and industry bodies such as British Wool and Wools of New Zealand.
- There are scores of Associate Member Carpet Manufacturers and Industry Partners working with WoolSafe to connect Approved Service Providers with wool carpet and rug owners.
Promotion to carpet owners
- Listing on the award-winning WoolSafe Carpet Stain Removal Guide app
- Listing as an Approved Service Provider on the WoolSafe.org, CleanSealApproved.com and EnviroSeal.eu websites
- If you have an off-site rug cleaning facility and have done rug care training, you can also be listed as a WoolSafe Rug Care Specialist.
- Listing and promotion in printed directories distributed to carpet manufacturers and carpet retailers who in turn recommend Approved Service Providers to their clients.
- Use of WoolSafe Approved Service Provider and CleanSeal Approved Service Provider certification marks on company promotional literature, website, business cards, uniforms etc.
Members area access on the WoolSafe website
Exclusive use of carpet and rug cleaning advice assets:
- Free advice iFrame to place on your care pages: https://www.woolsafe.org/carpet-rug-care-guide/
- Free WoolSafe Carpet and Rug Stain Guide Wizard to place on your website care pages https://www.woolsafe.org/stain-wizard/
- Free WoolSafe Carpet and Rug Stain Removal video series to place on your website care pages https://www.woolsafe.org/videos/
- Free to print tri-fold leaflets promoting your WoolSafe Approved Service Provider status and why the customer should use you.
Wool Owners Warranty
UK and Ireland only. Exclusive eligibility to be a service provider for Wool Owners Warranty www.WOWWarranty.com this is an opt-in benefit. About 70% of WASPs are taking part in the programme.
If you would like to become a WoolSafe Approved Service Provider you have to meet a number of qualification requirements; do the WoolSafe Fibre Care Specialist training course either online, or classroom, pass the examination, undertake to use WoolSafe approved products whenever you clean or treat wool carpets or rugs, and pay the registration and annual membership fees.
Membership is open to:
- Carpet cleaning franchisees - companies using one particular cleaning/maintenance system, which may be a franchised or a licensed system.
- Independent carpet cleaning companies, who obtain their cleaning equipment and/or supplies from one or more sources.
- In-house carpet maintenance divisions responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of carpets and rugs in the building(s) their company occupies.
- have been practising carpet cleaners for a continuous period of at least five (5) years;
- attend the WoolSafe Training Course, or an in-house WoolSafe Training Course at their company, run by one of the WoolSafe Certified Trainers. A written exam is part of this course. Or successfully complete the on-line Fibre Care Specialist training course at www.woolsafeacademy.org.
- WoolSafe certification is conditional upon passing the course exam (the "Pass" requirement is 80%);
- use WoolSafe approved products when cleaning or maintaining wool or wool-rich carpets or rugs and sign a Declaration specifying the WoolSafe approved products they use.